LUNDY MARISCO TAVERN
One of our conservation projects on Lundy Island was the part re-pointing of Marisco Tavern, the island’s only pub. This was to prevent the water that was pouring in through the wall and roof.
The building was originally the village stores built during the 1860’s, which today serves as a pub and social centre for visitors and residents on the island. The island’s only post box, which represent’s the oldest private postal service in the world, is set into the wall of the tavern.
Click to enlarge: